What to eat during pregnancy
Maintain a healthy diet is very important, during pregnancy; women need extra calories and nutrition for the growing fetus. Pregnant women calories intake grows during this period. It needs to ensure that their diet provides require several nutrients to grow a baby properly. If pregnant women lack key nutrients, it can affect negatively on the baby.
Poor eating habits or excess weight gain can increase the risk of gestational diabetes and can also cause complications during childbirth. A mother should follow a varied, nutritional and balanced diet.
Few common pregnancy symptoms are fatigue, slight bleeding and cramping, nausea with or without vomiting, craving for specific food etc. This symptom also depends on person to person.
Some of the women work hard to get to this stage and to have a healthy pregnancy. To ensure that will get a healthy baby, mother’s health is also a key factor along with the baby’s health.
It is a big challenge to decide what to eat during pregnancy. A low nutrition diet can effect negatively on baby’s development. Although during pregnancy should try to take highly nutrition food, food for pregnant women are:-
- Protein-rich food:- While pregnancy, protein helps your baby too grow normally and it also help in repairing damaged cells. As per a study during trimester a mother need at least 6.5 ounces of protein every day. Animal source foods are a good source of protein like- fish, lean meat, eggs etc. Vegan women can add tofu and soy products in their diet.
- Calcium:- Calcium is needed to develop bones and teeth. It also helps in developing muscles, heart and nerve. During pregnancy, women should take 1300 mg calcium. Dairy products like milk, tofu, yoghurt, and cheese and green vegetables cabbage beans are good for health. What should my diet during pregnancy be? What should to eat during pregnancy?
- Fats:- Fat also has a major role in the growth of your baby, as it helps in the growth of eyes and brain, as well in tissues. It also prevents from low birth weight. During pregnancy, roughly 25 to 30% of your daily calories should be from fat. Folic acid is also a source which helps you, child, from birth defects. However, fat intake needs to be balanced as high-fat foods can cause difficulties. You can add canola oil, sunflower seeds, avocados and nuts in your diet.
- Fibre- Wholegrain foods like whole-wheat bread, wholegrain pasta, beans and fruits are rich in fibre. It provides important nutrients like vitamin B, which helps to absorb food slowly and prevent blood sugar from rising. Also, it helps in digestion and lowers constipation which is a common problem during pregnancy.
- Zinc:- Zinc plays an important role in developing DNA, cellular activities and body cells. Chicken, turkey, ham, crab, fish, meat, peanut, beans ginger, garlic, onion are a few good resources of zinc.
- Iron:- Iron is a very important mineral, which helps to circulate oxygen from your lungs to your body. Also, your body uses Iron to make extra haemoglobin for you and your baby, as during pregnancy women’s amount of blood increase by 50 % and she needs extra iron to balance it. Lacking in Iron consumption can lead to low weight birth, newborn death, preterm delivery. It also increases the chances of high blood loss during delivery.
Foods which are rich in Iron are:-
- Egg yolk
- Lean meat
- Green leafy vegetables
- Cooked oyster
- Nuts and almond
- Whole grain food
- Dried beans
- Water: During pregnancy blood volume increase, so it’s very important to look for your water intake. Most people take care of all parameters, but they forget to take care of their water intake, which leads to dehydration. Balanced water intake helps to reduce urinary infections which are common during pregnancy. Generally, 2 litres of water is highly recommended, which also depends on an individual
Apart from this pregnant woman should take care of her breakfast, and should to take a good amount of fibre, protein and vitamins. Try to include foods which are rich in iron, because during pregnancy your body needs more iron.
Dairy products especially soy milk is richly supplied with outstanding nutrients and 3 types of omega acid that are helpful for the growth of fetus and health of the pregnant mother.
Healthy pregnancy diet is very important as it’s directly connected with baby’s growth and development. During Pregnancy food should include a variety of food groups including vegetables and fruits, bread and grains protein and dairy source. What should my diet during pregnancy be? What should to eat during pregnancy?
Mothers should to take care about their diet, and should to avoid harmful and acidic foods. Certain foods can be consumed rarely, while few should to be avoided. Here are foods to avoid when pregnant:-
- undercooked, processed and raw fish, meat and eggs- This should be avoided because it can cause food poisoning. Some virus and bacteria can cross the placenta and harm your baby.
- Caffeine- Too much consumption of caffeine can lead to weight issues and health-related problems. It’s not requiring to cut down caffeine complete but intake should not exceed by 200 milligrams per day.
- Raw Eggs- Raw eggs can contaminate with salmonella infection, which can lead to sickness and increase chances of pre-birth.
- Unpasteurized Milk, Cheese and Fruit Juice- It’s not safe to consume unpasteurized food because it may contain bacterium Listeria monocytogenes, which can cause several infections.
- Alcohol- In the first few weeks alcohol does not affect, but after the third month, it goes in baby’s blood through their bloodstreams, which can affect them throughout their life.
Things which needs to keep in mind are
During pregnancy, food hygiene and preparation method matters a lot, and should to taken care closely. For this reason, it’s best to avoid the foods on this list as much as possible. You and your unborn baby should always be a first priority.
Checkout Other Platforms:-
- Travelkut – Travel App for Every Traveler
- Onetechspot – Your Daily Source for the Latest Technology News & Updates
- Earnmoneyonlineideas – Money Making Ideas, Tips and Tricks
- mynameismusafir – Travelling around the world
- Mystatusquotes – Best Status & Quotes for Everyone
- OneTechSpot – The Channel For Tech Solutions