Breakfast is the first and said to be the most important meal of the day. Most of us take it for granted and often skip it, but with these amazingly fast, easy and yummy healthy breakfast ideas, you will never want to skip breakfast ever again.
Why should you never skip breakfast?
Trust me! You are doing your body a favor by eating a healthy breakfast every day. Your body goes in a fasting state while you are sleeping at night. When you wake up in the morning your blood sugar is comparatively low and you need to provide your body with a nutritious breakfast to replenish its working. I myself have experienced that low mood and energy whenever I skip breakfast in the morning.
Not only do mood swings occur when you skip breakfast, but also you tend to overeat later on during the day and therefore you are slowing your metabolism down and giving your body a free pass to get prone to various health problems like:
- Risk of type 2 diabetes
- Various cardiovascular issues
- Affects cognitive functioning
- Mars the metabolism
- Risk of cancer
- Unnecessary weight gain
- Gastronomical problems
Also, by having a good breakfast you can treat that nasty hangover in a matter of minutes.
Here are a few healthy breakfast ideas that are both delicious and easy to make, to spruce up your mornings like never before.
1. Avocado and poached egg toast | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
This recipe is a delight for all the avocado lovers out there and above all, it is so easy and tasty that you will want to cook it every day.
- ½ sliced avocado
- 3 eggs
- 3 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- Fresh parsley for seasoning
- Heirloom tomatoes for serving
- Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
- Boil water in a pan, around 5 cm in depth.
- Add a little vinegar and then tip two eggs in the boiling water.
- Let the eggs cook for 5 mins and then take them out with a straining spoon.
- Put the perfectly poached eggs on kitchen paper and let excess water soak.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast 2 bread slices.
- Place the avocado on toats and then place the egg over the avocado.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add parmesan cheese over and sprinkle a little parsley as a garnish.
Benefits of avocado:
- It helps improve digestion.
- Keeps the cholesterol in check.
- Avocados provide your body with strong antioxidants.
- Good for skin and eyes.
- May help prevent cancer.
- It also provides relief from arthritis pains.
Benefits of egg:
- Contains high protein
- Promotes bone health
- Raises the good cholesterol
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases
- It also reduces the risk of stroke.
2. Overnight Oats | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- ½ cup oats
- Low-fat milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp. Greek yogurt
- Toppings: fruits, berries, almonds, and raisins
- Prep and cook time: 5 mins prep time
- Put 1 part oats and 1 part milk in a cup
- Add greek yogurt (you can also add some honey for sweetness)
- Put chia seeds and mix well to avoid any clumps.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator overnight
- Finally, eat in the morning by adding your favorite toppings.
Benefits of oats:
- It maintains blood sugar levels.
- Also helps the stomach to feel full for long.
- It improves blood flow and reduces inflammation.
- It provides plenty of essential vitamins and minerals to your body.
Benefits of chia seeds:
- Keeps digestion intact
- Rich in protein
- It helps lose weight
- High in omega-3 fatty acids
- It has very few calories
- Also, it helps in feeling stuffed
3. Berry and yogurt smoothie | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- I cup yogurt
- I cup low-fat milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Blend them well to form a smooth and thick mixture.
- Finally, top it with a few frozen berries
Benefits of yogurt:
- It contains almost all the nutrients your body needs.
- Maintains bowel health.
- Strengthens immunity
- Keeps the heart-healthy
- Also, helps in weight management
Benefits of honey
- Best sugar alternative.
- It is rich in anti-oxidants.
- It also improves heart health
- Supplies energy to the body
- Helps in weight loss when taken with warm water empty stomach in the morning.
4. Egg and bacon muffins | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 4 bacon slices
- ½ eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Chopped green onion
- Diced red pepper
- Salt and black pepper according to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- Prep and cook time: 15 and 25 mins respectively
- Preheat the oven and set the muffin cans with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in the microwave for one and a half minutes.
- Then line the muffin cups with 2 strips bacon each.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a cup. Add the red peppers and seasoning, don’t forget to add cheese.
- Furthermore, pour the egg mixtures in the cups.
- Finally, bake it in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Cheesy devilled eggs | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 6 hard-boiled eggs.
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 5 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp mustard sauce
- Paprika and parsley for garnish.
- Prep and cook time: 20 mins
- Cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks. Make it a point to cut the eggs lengthwise.
- Add all the other ingredients to the yolks and mix well till a creamy mixture is formed.
- With the help of a spoon or a piping bag put the mixture on the eggs.
- Finally, sprinkle paprika and parsley on the top. Its a good and healthy breakfast idea for every day
6. Choco chip pancake | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- A big pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips according to your choice
- Prep and cook time: 15 mins
- Mix together the wet ingredients (butter, milk, extract) with dry ingredients.
- Mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Add the star of the dish, chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter with a spoon on a preheated pan.
- Flip and cook both sides evenly. (for about a minute or till the top begins to bubble).
- Why should you choose whole wheat flour instead of refined flour?
- You should always use whole wheat flour because:
- Higher in nutrients.
- Furthermore, reduces the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
- Maintains a healthy gut
- Reduces inflammation
- It lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Also, reduces the risk of obesity
7. Hash browns and baked beans | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Okay, I know hash brown and baked beans are very basic but wait till you know the whole recipe. Its a good and healthy breakfast ideas for everyday
- Frozen hash brown patties
- 400 g Baked beans
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped bacon
- Fresh parsley
- Grated cheese
- Prep and cook time: 45 mins
- First of all, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Lay hashbrowns at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Now evenly spread beans over the hashbrowns layer.
- Pour the remaining ingredients over the beans after mixing them well.
- Then, sprinkle some cheese and bake the dish for 35-40 mins.
- You can also prepare the hash browns and beans at home if you want to avoid frozen and have extra time at hand because fresh is always better.
8. Buttermilk crepes | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
This is a perfect breakfast option for people with a sweet tooth. Also, it does not need much preparation and is basically made from a scratch dish. Its a good and healthy breakfast ideas for everyday
- 1 ½ cup whole flour
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ large tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate spread
- Berries for garnish
- Prep and cook time: 10-15 mins
- Mix all the ingredients and blend them well.
- Avoid getting any lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter with a spoon on a preheated pan.
- Spread the batter evenly throughout the pan with the spoon.
- Cook both sides 2-3 minutes or until light brown.
- The crepe tastes best when it is thin. So spread the batter evenly.
- Now, put the chocolate spread on the crape, lay a few berries or fruits over it and roll the crepe up.
- Finally, it’s ready to serve.
Benefits of buttermilk:
- It provides relief from acidity in the stomach.
- Aids indigestion.
- Loaded with calcium and contains healthy fats.
- It helps avoid dehydration.
- Also, it contains the right amounts of all macronutrients
- Finally, helps reduce bloating
- Keep in mind to use healthy ingredients for your breakfast.
- Don’t forget to add fruits to your breakfast meal every day
- Also, do not use refined sugar and flour
- Pre-plan your breakfast to avoid getting late for work
- You can alter these recipes according to your requirements. Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Eggs are a great part of a healthy breakfast and can be consumed every day in a moderate quantity.
- Use olive oil for all the cooking. Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Furthermore, make use of peanut and almond butter for that extra boost of energy and health.
- Before consuming breakfast, make it a point to drink a glass of lukewarm water with lemon and honey. As it helps in reducing weight and keeps the digestion in check. Healthy Breakfast Ideas
So, try these simple Breakfast ideas and devour a tasty breakfast every day. Also, you just cannot afford to miss these Low Carb Diet Plans and top Winter Foods to assist you in weight loss. Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Bonus: all these breakfast ideas are highly worth of an Instagram post #HealthyLiving.