Are you a mom struggling every day to decide what to put in your kid’s lunch box? Or are you one of those working people, eating junk for lunch every other day or picking food from your colleagues’ lunch boxes just because packing a lunch box is a tedious task for you? Lunch Box Ideas
Don’t worry, I have got you covered with easy-peasy and interesting 6 lunch box ideas for everyone, be it adult or a kid, so that preparing a lunch box becomes the next best hobby for you. Lunch Box Ideas
Firstly, being a lazy person myself I know how massive a task it is to wake up early in the morning and go to the office, preparing a lunch box was nowhere in my mind until I came across these amazingly simple lunch box ideas. Lunch Box Ideas
Also, you can prepare your lunchbox a night before or at least do some preparations for the morning, because why not?
Your daily lunch box:
Now, let me just clear that packing a lunch box is not just about stuffing leftovers in a box, it’s more about eating with a healthy perspective. Lunch Box Ideas
Yes, leftovers can be a part of it but there are also other things that should be inside a lunch box like, fruits and vegetables. Lunch Box Ideas
Make sure that all the food you pack is rich in essential nutrients because this food is going to help you stay stuffed and working throughout the day, it is a fact that if you have a satisfying meal for lunch you tend to crave less for an unnecessary snack. Lunch Box Ideas
Add food with enough proteins to your lunchbox, as proteins help in feeling full for a longer time, at least till the time you get back home and make a warm homecooked meal for yourself. Lunch Box Ideas
Tips for Healthy Lunch Box Ideas:
- Decide beforehand
Obviously, your time is precious and nobody likes a ranting boss when you reach the office late.
Decide what are you going to prepare for the lunch box tomorrow, the night before, it saves time the other day and also you don’t have to rush things now because you did not waste a lot of time thinking what you wanted to make. Lunch Box Ideas
- Make health a priority
There is a lunchbox that has a few potato chips dripping in refined oil and some cake with an icing that screams of calories, then there is a lunch box with fruits, veggies, celery and a little treat like homemade peanut butter and a cracker. Lunch Box Ideas
Which one looks better to you? For me, it’s the second one because not only is it healthy but also Instagram worthy.
Give yourself the health you deserve, and packing a healthy lunch box is a good step towards the journey of a healthy life.
Add foods with fibers, carbohydrates, proteins, good fats and say a big no to processed food and refined carbs.
- Simplicity is the key
Go for simple lunch box ideas, don’t invest too much time into preparing a lunch box because there are 100 other things waiting for you in the morning. Keep it simple but healthy.
Yes, if you are extraordinaire and cook super fast, you can go fancy!
- Cook a few meals in advance
It is always a good idea to cook and store a few meals in advance if you have some extra time. Lunch Box Ideas
If this Sunday, you get into the mood of cooking, you can cook meals for the next five working days and store them in the freezer.
Next morning, microwave the thing and carry it with you. Just keep in mind to choose such foods that stay fresh even after storing for a few days and don’t go all stale. Lunch Box Ideas
Monday to Friday Lunch Box Ideas:-
Here are a few lunch box ideas that will make you look forward to preparing a lunch box tomorrow morning.
- The energy booster
All the weekdays are long days and you need a lot of energy to rise and shine through them. This lunch box idea provides you with the perfect amount of energy you need to seize your day.
- -Greek yogurt
- -almonds and cashews
- -berries (fresh preferred)
- -an apple, sliced
- -a spoonful of peanut butter
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- One of the many good things about this lunch box idea is it requires no cooking as such it is not time-consuming, it only includes keeping the above-mentioned ingredients in an organized way in a lunch box.
- Finally, all the ingredients of this lunch box idea are a powerful source of energy.
- Banana Muffins
- 250g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 110g castor sugar
- 75 g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas (large)
- 125ml buttermilk
- Walnuts for garnish
- Strawberries as a side
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
This recipe makes 11-12 muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C, and grease the muffin tray. Sirf the dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar.
- Mix all the wet ingredients properly and then pour it a little by little in the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Furthermore, once all the ingredients are mixed, take a spoonful or two of batter and put it in the muffin mold. Put a few walnuts over the batter. Do the same for all the molds and then bake for 25 minutes. Cooldown the muffins properly before trying to take them out of the tray or they may break.
- Finally, take 2 muffins and a few strawberries in the lunch box. This lunch box idea is a heaven for all those with a sweet tooth.
- Avocado chicken salad
Avocado is a superfood loaded with fiber and nutrients. The consumption of avocado helps lower cholesterol and keeps the heart-healthy.
It has an abundance of healthy fats and even more potassium than a banana. So, its a blessing for both your taste buds and health overall.
- -2 cups shredded chicken
- -1 avocado
- -½ tsp garlic powder
- Half tsp salt
- -½ tsp pepper
- -1 tsp cilantro
- -¼ cup vegan mayo
- -¼ cup greek yogurt
Prep time: 15 mins
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover with a cellophane sheet and place it in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to let all the flavors emerge.
- Pack it with pita bread or 2-3 crackers.
- Easy pasta salad
We all have leftovers lying around in our refrigerators, which normally end up dumped. This leads to a lot of food wastage.
It is best to reuse leftovers in a way that makes them more tasty and interesting.
This lunch box idea is one that is based on the same concept of making use of leftover pasta to create an epic yet simple recipe.
- -leftover pasta
- -chopped zucchini
- -cut up onion
- -chopped bell peppers
- -½ tsp roasted garlic
- -salad dressing
- -1 tsp mayo
Prep time: 10 mins
- Mixing is all you have to do, just don’t go hard on the process.
- Throw in the ingredients, mix gently without breaking the pasta and you are good to go.
- The tummy stuffer
Eggs are the star of this lunch box idea. Eggs are a very good source of high-quality protein. They are inexpensive and can be consumed daily at a certain limit. Eggs are rich in vitamin B2 which helps our bodies turn food into fuel. Eggs are also one of the most popular foods loved by diet conscious people.
- -leftover chicken
- -cherry tomatoes
- -2 boiled eggs
- -a sliced apple
- -1 tbsp almond butter
Prep time:10 mins
- In case you don’t know how to boil eggs, place a pan on the stove and fill it with enough water. Put two eggs in it and let the water boil. Boil the water for 6-7 minutes on medium flame and your hard-boiled eggs are ready.
- Pack these eggs with other ingredients for a perfect lip-smacking and protein-rich lunch box.
- Vegetarian delight chickpea salad
I know it gets hard for vegetarian people to find recipes that are easy and scrumptious at the same time. This lunch box idea is a boon for all you vegetarians. This lunch box recipe contains chickpeas that provide your body with a variety of health benefits like aiding digestion, weight management, reduce bad cholesterol and chickpeas are also rich in protein. The recipe also includes spinach which is a known source of iron and it keeps your bones strong.
- 1 cup chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ tsp vinegar
- A few raisins
- 3 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Mixed seasoning
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Take a bowl, add chickpeas and spinach.
- Mix honey, vinegar, olive oil, and raisins separately.
- Pour the mixture over chickpeas and spinach.
- Add salt and seasoning.
- And finally, it is ready.
Pack all these amazing lunch box ideas with a few fruits and nuts on the side and you are good to go.
Do not forget to carry a water bottle too, because hydration is the key. Also, carry a hand sanitizer and use it every time before you open your amazing lunch box, to avoid any nasty health issue.