Get Rid of Aching Back
Working-out can often cause your muscles to sore and get stiff. Also, there many other reasons like sitting all day on a chair which can also cause your back muscles to sore and they start aching. Get Rid of Aching Back
Stretching is something that can actually help with these backaches. Stretching can help your muscles and ligaments to become free and it is an important part of all the back exercise programs. Get Rid of Aching Back
There are some benefits of stretching that I would like to mention below:
- It helps to reduce the tension in muscles that are supporting the spine.
- Also helps in increasing the movements of the muscles.
- It helps in reducing the risk of back pain.
You can include stretching in your daily fitness routine by practicing it before any kind of exercise you perform.
Often you might have seen the gym instructors or the aerobics and yoga instructors instruct upon the stretching and warming of the body before the start of the actual exercise. Get Rid of Aching Back
Daily stretching can widely reduce all kinds of body pains in the long run.
If you are suffering from back pain for around 3 months, it is considered chronic and you need to take some serious action and start the regular stretching that goes on for months to reduce the pain successfully. Get Rid of Aching Back
There are many programs conducted that can help you with the appropriate stretching exercises which you can join or either refer online and practice at home on a daily basis. Get Rid of Aching Back
Let’s specifically talk about back pain. It is something that almost 80% of the people experience due to their daily lifestyle. Back pain can be originated due to different ways. Get Rid of Aching Back
But it is something that can be prevented or reduced by regular exercising and stretching.
But how does this work? Stretching basically works by relaxing your muscles and improves the circulation to nourish the spine. It helps in strengthening the back.
Also, it is proved that stretching is the most effective way to reduce back pain.
If you totally want to get benefitted by it then make a habit to practice stretching daily. And to help you built this habit, here are 3 tips:
- Stretch when you wake up in the morning
- Stretch before going to bed at night
- Set reminders to stretch multiple times in a day
Before going to the exercise part, let’s have a look at some tips useful for stretching:
- Always wear the clothes you are comfortable in, don’t wear too tight clothes that hinder your movement.
- Avoid jumping to the stretching exercise and start of slowly otherwise you will strain your muscle.
- Try to have 2-5 reps of each exercise and not more or less.
- If you are not able to perform the stretch properly then take guidance or practice slowly every day to reach here. Don’t force your body into painful positions. Get Rid of Aching Back
- Try to hold on to each stretch for around 15-20 seconds to as to lengthen muscles and increase the motion of the muscles.
- Stretch one side at a time
- Select a space that is wide enough and flat.
Now let’s have a look at 5 best stretching exercises to get relief from the back pain.
// Best Stretches to soothe Back Pain:
- Knee to chest | Get Rid of Aching Back
This stretch helps in lengthening the lower back and also releases the tension from the muscles, making them free for the movement. Let’s see the steps to perform this stretch. Get Rid of Aching Back
- Lie down on the ground on our back and keep your knees bent with your feet flat on the ground.
- While keeping the left foot flat on the ground, lift your right leg up and grasp the lower leg with both your hands and interlock your fingers.
- Let this be the start. Now gently bring your clasped leg towards your chest and slightly stretch your back.
- At this time keep your left leg straight on the ground.
- Hold on in this position for around 30-50 seconds and then return to the starting position by relaxing your muscles.
- Now repeat the whole process with the other leg.
- Try performing 3 reps for each leg.
- Truck rotation | Get Rid of Aching Back
This stretch along with your lower back also works for core, abdominal and back muscles as well. Get Rid of Aching Back
Let’s have a look at how this exercise is to be performed:
- To start off, lie down on the ground on your back.
- Bring your knees up to your chest.
- Keep your arms extended sideways with your palms facing the ground.
- Now keeping your hands on the floor and your knees together, gently try to roll both of your knees to your right side
- Hold on to this position for 15-30 seconds.
- Now get back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same procedure on the left side and hold on for 15-20 seconds.
- Try to perform 10-15 reps on each side.
- Cat-camel back stretch | Get Rid of Aching Back
This stretch helps in releasing the tension if the lower back muscles as well as the core. It also increases the flexibility of your muscles. To perform this stretch you need to follow the steps given below: Get Rid of Aching Back
- You need to get on your fours, which are on the support of your 2 hands and knees, and position yourself like that of an animal like cat or camel.
- Note that your knees should be your hip-width apart.
- Now you need to perform the cat pose. For this, you need to push your belly button up towards your spine and drop your head forward.
- Now hold this position for around 5-10 seconds and try to feel a little stretch in your lower back while performing.
- Now return to the starting position.
- After this its turn for the camel pose. For this, you need to raise your head upwards and let your pelvis fall and create a curve of your back, towards the ground.
- Again hold on for 5-20 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Perform 15-20 reps of each.
- Hamstring stretch | Get Rid of Aching Back
This stretch is useful to make you relax your tight hamstring muscles, which gets sore when you spend much time sitting. It helps to make the hamstring muscles flexible which helps you reduce the stress from your back. Follow the below-given steps to perform this stretch: Get Rid of Aching Back
- Sit on the ground with your one leg bent and other straight.
- Now keeping the back flat, try to lean forward from the hip until you feel a stretch under your thighs.
- Hold on to this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Now get back to the starting position and perform the same with the other leg.
- Try to perform 5 reps on each side.
- Pelvic tilt | Get Rid of Aching Back
It is yet another effective stretch exercise to loosen up the tight muscles and increase flexibility. Here are given the steps to perform this stretch:
- Start off by lying down on the ground on your back. Keep your feet flat and hands on the ground.
- Now lift your back slightly up and arch your lower back by pushing the stomach out.
- Hold your body in this position for 5-20 minutes and then relax.
- Now try to push your pelvis muscles slightly up but don’t lift it up the ground. Tighten your abdominal and butt muscles during this and press your lower back towards the ground. Get Rid of Aching Back
- Again hold for 5-20 minutes and then relax.
- Perform 10-15 reps of this stretch.
So now whenever you have an aching back, you will come to know what to do exactly and thus can easily get relief from pain. Also share the same with your friends and family, to the ones that need this.
Here are some Muscle Strengthening Exercises that are bound to help you in making your muscles stronger and more flexible. Something you shouldn’t be missing.