“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.” – The Bhagavad Gita. A physical activity, an exercise or a set of postures, there are various meanings to the word yoga or yoga asanas, but what exactly is it? Stay tuned to know more about the top 12 yoga asanas to reduce belly fat fast.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a Hindu practice, originated in India thousands of years ago and is now followed worldwide. With different mouths, you get different meanings, but there is one way in which legend describes yoga, getting closer to one’s own self, alignment of mind and body and a sense of awareness in your body.
We all are always running, running after things we want, things we can’t get but do we stop? No, we might get tired but this running never ends, because that is how life is lived these days. By practice yoga, you get that one moment of steadiness and silence you deserve among all this hustle and bustle that goes on every day. You get to feel the depths of your self and get in terms with reality. Yoga Asanas
Not only does yoga have a great impact on mental health, but it also does wonders for one’s physical well being. Yoga includes certain asanas, various body postures that you perform. Different asanas have different effects on your mind and body. Yoga Asanas
Benefits of yoga asanas?
Fingers fall short to count the benefits of practicing yoga, other than belly fat reduction and the 12 simple yoga asanas to reduce belly fat that you are going to know today, here are a few proven advantages of doing yoga;
- Yoga helps increase flexibility
- Tones and increases muscle strength
- Helps in reducing weight
- Maintains the overall health of the body
- Increases metabolism
- Betters your posture
- Helps prevent injuries
- Increases self-esteem
- Help reduce stress
- Makes you happy
- You get better sleep
- Increases concentration and focus
- Boosts your immune strength
You won’t know it until you experience it first hand, the benefits of yoga are such that you will wonder why were you not doing it before today? It is like a magic potion that helps solve and prevent many problems, related to both body and mind.
It is not just for say, scientists have proven that yoga is really very beneficial if you want to maintain a sound existence. It is like the mother you never knew you needed because yoga protects you from even catching any sort of cold or getting injured because it makes you stronger and healthier from within. What else can you ask for?
Yoga and exercise!
Yoga is obviously different from a gym workout, let’s see how!
As you already know by now the longlasting list of the benefits of yoga, you know how fruitful the activity is, what about work-out? Yoga might burn a few lesser calories than a gym workout but it increases flexibility in ways, workout can’t.
Also, many people mistake yoga for an aerobic exercise, it is not. Athletes may perform yoga before a workout but that is just because of the purpose of warming up.
Yoga might not make the same muscle mass, but it brings you closer to yourself and boosts the feel-good hormones. Talking about weight-loss, yoga is not the traditional way when one thinks about losing weight, but it does make you lean and healthy.
Also, it proves to be stress-free, whereas workout can be a little stress-inducing due to the intensity. Also, yoga has many long term benefits that make it overpower regular gym workouts. You may not look as ripped but will sure feel way more healthy and confident.
Yoga can be taken as a cleansing for the palette at first, and I am sure once you get to experience the effects of yoga, you will never go back to not doing it ever again.
Yoga for belly fat reduction
A bulging belly can be a hit on your confidence and self-esteem, not only that it also proves to be a host for various health problems like heart diseases, various cancers, diabetes, and stress. With the right diet and yoga, you can reduce your belly fat substantially and get on that healthy track of life.
Also, spot weight reduction is a myth. There are some asanas that do burn a few muscles more than the others but the loss of inches happens throughout the body.
The fat reduction also depends on person to person, some bodies start by losing fat in one place and some the other, there is no reason to feel demotivated if you don’t get the same results as others. Just be concerned about your well being, the weight and fat loss will accompany on its own.
The reason why I mention sun salutation as the first of the top 12 yoga asanas to reduce belly fat fast is that it is one of the most important yoga asanas. It targets the whole body and reduces belly fat too. It helps in maintaining muscle, bone health and keeping lungs, kidneys, heart, and brain health. Sun salutation also aids the digestive system and helps improve metabolism. On and all it’s not an asana for a particular body part, but for the whole of it.
- It is also called Surya Namaskar and works best when done early in the morning.
- It includes performing 12 different asanas in a chain. The twelve different asanas include all types of movements from stretching yo jumping, everything gets covered.
// The asanas are :-
- Udharva Hastasana
- Adho mukha svanasana
- Urdhva Mukha svanasana
- Chaturanga dandasna
And then revising the sequence backward to complete one sun salutation.
- Tadasana (mountain pose) | Yoga Asanas
- It helps in the correction of posture and tones of the physique.
- Keeps the spine health in check and maintains the strength of ankles, thighs, and joints.
- It improves your balance and focus.
- It rectifies the alignment of your body.
- Stand straight with legs and feet joined together.
- Warm-up the joints of your knees, by bending them a little and then straightening them up.
- Take a deep breath and lift your hands gently above your head and intertwine your fingers, right above your head.
- Lift your body on your toes and feel a wave of energy rising in your body through your ankles.
- Hold it for a few seconds and then gently put your hands back to the sides of your body.
- Duration: 10 seconds
- Repeat 5-10 times.
2. Paschimottanasna (seated forward bend) | Yoga Asanas
This asana provides an intense dorsal stretch and helps in toning the muscles of thighs, calves, and stomach. It strengthens the core.
- Sit on a mat with our legs spread straight in front of you. The feet should be close together. Warm-up by shifting the body weight from one buttock to another and then sit back straight again.
- Take a deep breath and raise your arms above your head and bend forward while exhaling.
- Stretch your arms and let them reach as far as they can, ideally till the toes.
- The head should be bent downwards towards your knees, now inhale and lift your head up to give a stretch to your spine, hold for a few seconds and then exhale while bringing the head back. Repeat this a couple of times and then inhale and come back t the starting position.
- Duration:30-60 seconds
3. Naukasana (boat pose) | Yoga Asanas
Improves balance and posture. Enhances focus and concentration.
- Lie flat on a mat, with feet together and hands on your sides.
- Lift your upper body and legs in a way that all your weight gets centered on your buttocks. The hands should be pointing straight in the air.
- Inhale while starting and exhale while you come back to the initial position.
- Duration: 10 seconds, 3-4 reps
4. Pavanamuktasana (gas-relieving pose) | Yoga Asanas
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens core muscles
- Lie flat on a mat with feet together and arms on the side.
- Inhale and bring your knees towards your chest.
- Bend your face a little so that your chin touches the bottom of your neck.
- Hold for a while or move your body in a cradling position, to and fro or side to side.
- Then gently come back to your initial position.
- Duration: half to one minute
5. Adho mukha svanasana (downward dog pose) | Yoga Asanas
- Strengthens legs, arms, and back.
- Tones belly muscles.
- Provides stretch to shoulders, calves, thighs, hands, and back.
- Balance your body on all four of your limbs in a way that you resemble a table, inhale and lift up your hip while straightening your arms. Your hands should align with your shoulders and your feet with your hips.
- While holding the position, gently rotate your head from shoulder to shoulder and then exhale and get back to the starting position.
- Duration: one to two minutes
6. Utkatasana (chair pose) | Yoga Asanas
- It provides a good stretch to hip, shoulder and spine muscles.
- Tones thighs and strengthens ankles and knees.
- Improves body balance and mental well being.
- It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and abdominal health.
- Stand straight on a mat with legs spread apart a little. Clasp your hands and raise them straight in front of you. Inhale and bend your knees in a way that your hips are slightly above your knees as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Hold the position, as long as you comfortably can and then gently stand straight again.
- Duration: half to one minute
7. Dhanurasna (bow pose) | Yoga Asanas
This asana provides a deep body stretch.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your legs in line with your hips.
- Inhale and Stretch your arms backward to get hold of your ankles.
- Gently push your head and legs up to form a bow like a pose.
- Exhale and let go.
- Duration:20 seconds
8. Setu bandhasana (bridge pose) | Yoga Asanas
It is an energizing and rejuvenating pose for both mind and body. Strengthens your legs, back, neck and core.
- Lie flat on your back, bend your knees so that your ankles get closer to your hips. The distance in your feet should be aligned with your heeps. Both your hands should be to the sides of your body, inhale and lift you back in a way that it forms a downward-facing arch. Chin should touch your chest and your shoulders and feet should support your weight. Push your hands harder on the ground to give a nice stretch. Exhale and come back to rest.
- Duration: half to one-minute
9. Bhujangasna (cobra pose) | Yoga Asanas
This yoga asanas tones the lower abdomen and stimulates the digestive system. It increases metabolism and relieves stress. Maintains the health of lungs, and heart.
- Lie flat on your stomach, place your palms next to your shoulders, and lift your upper body and place its weight on your palms. Press your hips, thighs, and knees to the floor, and keep your shoulders firm. Feel the burn in your stomach pressed against the floor. Then release the pose and lie back on the mat again.
- Duration: 10-20 seconds
10. Balasana (child pose) | Yoga Asanas
Releases tension in neck and back muscles removes fatigue from the body. Stress and anxiety stay in check.
- Sit on your bent knees, with toes touching each other, knees should be kept hip-width apart. Do a forward bend, in a way that your upper body lies between your thighs, stretch your arms forward and place them in front of you, in line with knees. This is a type of resting pose.
- Duration: half to one minute.
11. Ustrasana (camel pose) | Yoga Asanas
Strengthens back, shoulders, thighs, and arms.
- Kneel on a mat, shoulders should be parallel to your knees. With souls of your feet towards the ceiling, touch your tailbone to your pubis and arch your back to touch your hands to your feet. Do not strain your neck.
- Duration: half to one minute
- Pregnant women are restricted to perform certain asanas, as it may lead to miss carriage. Consult an expert before doing any yoga or exercise.
- If you are suffering from any illness or health problem, do not do any activity that may hinder further with your health. Gather proper knowledge or join a proper class.
With these 12 simple yoga asanas to reduce belly fat, you will be able to get a gorgeous looking toney belly in no time. Don’t forget to check out these top Belly Fat-Exercises to show the belly who’s the boss. Yoga Asanas
If you are not much of a sportsman, you won’t necessarily have to leave empty-handed. Check out the Top Winter Foods, Low Carb Diet Plans, Fat Burning Foods, and Keto Diet plan to help you fight the battle of weight loss, without moving a muscle.