IVF (In vitro fertilization) treatment is a complex procedure to assist in getting pregnant. It helps the fertility rate and prevents any genetic problems. It demands the collection of matured eggs from the ovaries. Fertilization takes place by the sperm in the lab. The embryos get transferred to a uterus. During the entire process, an IVF Treatment Diet is essential for a higher success rate and healthy results. You can consult your IVF center about what is best for your body.
What is IVF Treatment Diet?
Couples trying to conceive through IVF treatment must adhere to the diet plan. IVF Treatment Diet concentrates on providing nutrition for
- hormone production,
- egg count
- egg quality,
- uterine lining,
- semen production,
IVF treatment demands emotional and physical well-being. A good diet will keep the food-intake equation right and carry a pregnancy without difficulty. The article will elaborate on what to eat throughout your IVF treatment journey.
// Best Food to eat during IVF treatment
1. Breakfast | IVF Treatment Diet
Breakfast is the first meal that you have in the morning. Make it simple and include vitamins E, C, and K, zinc, magnesium, folate, and protein-rich riboflavin. You can embrace the following in the IVF Diet breakfast.
- Citrus Fruits
- Dried Fruits
- Sweet Potatoes
For example, you can have a loaf of whole-grain bread, Avocado toast, or toast it with a poached egg. Remember to add low-fat or dairy-free milk to top the breakfast. Try to finish your breakfast by 9 am.
2. Mid-Morning Snacks | IVF Treatment Diet
Mid-morning cravings can be depressing. You can indulge yourself in more than just a cup of tea. Include antioxidant-rich fruits and folate. Foods to Eat during IVF mid-morning snacks must have a palate to choose from.
- Sweet potatoes
For example- Some of the Best Diet for IVF Success is a smoothie with berries with low-fat milk or a non-dairy product or yogurt. It will keep your stomach full and satiated. Blueberries and raspberries are rich in antioxidants. Berries help to thicken the uterine lining because of anthocyanins. Having a smoothie will prevent damaging the eggs. You can have your mid-morning snack around 11 am.
3. Lunch | IVF Treatment Diet
Make a lavish lunch with greens, lean protein, and whole grains. Can life get better than this? Cater a meal with iron, folic acid, protein, and zinc-sourced food. You can include the following in your diet.
- Brown rice
- Cottage cheese
- Green vegetables ( include all the greens)
- Indian flatbread
- Lean protein
For example, you can have a kale and spinach spread to keep the uterus lining thick. You can have quinoa, lentils, a light vinaigrette, grilled chicken (for vegetarians, you can try grilled cottage cheese or tofu), and greens. Try finishing lunch between 12 noon to 2 pm.
4. Afternoon Snacks | IVF Treatment Diet
Regardless of how big or small your lunch was, a mid-afternoon snack is a must. Instead of indulging in junk food, choose super foods and fruits as your snack. It will keep you satiated and provide you with healthy nutrition. You can go for fresh fruits like.
- Citrus Fruits Like Oranges
The Best Food to eat during IVF treatment is to have fruits. Eat them raw. Do not make pulp or juice. Have these cut and sprinkle roasted sesame sunflower seeds or Chia seeds. For additional crunch, you can add dry fruits such as almonds, peanuts, or soy butter. Have it between 4 to 6 pm to make room for dinner.
5. Dinner | IVF Treatment Diet
They say to have breakfast like a king and dinner like a princess. So here is an IVF Diet Plan spread with lean proteins, folic acid, Omega -3 fatty acids, and non-starchy carbohydrates so that you can satisfy your quench.
- Soup (Chicken, Lentils, or Vegetable)
- Salad ( Asparagus, Grilled Veggies, Grilled Chicken, Tofu, Cottage Cheese Radish, Broccoli, Micro Greens, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers)·
- A Bowl of Brown Rice or Any Whole Grains
- Indian Bread ( Wheat or Gluten-Free)·
- Lean Protein Intake- Chicken, Tempeh, Tofu, Legumes, Beans, Nutritional Yeast·
- Vegetable Curry- Cauliflower, Spinach, Mustard Greens, Kale, Sprouts, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Snap Peas, Green Beans, Tomatoes,
For instance, you can decide on soups and salads or a meal comprising a bowl of rice, lentils, and vegetable curry. Try finishing your dinner latest by 9 pm.
IVF Foods To Avoid
IVF treatment requires patience and taking care of one’s health. As much as you focus on what you eat, it is vital to know IVF Foods to Avoid during the treatment and the pregnancy. Following are a few foods that shouldn’t be on your plate.
- Say ‘no’ to alcohol and smoking·
- Carbonated sodas and canned juices·
- Any high sugar-level sweets, liquids, or confectionary items·
- Processed foods or meats
- Full-fat milk, curd, or yogurt
- High mercury level fish
- Raw fish or meat
- Anything that has too much oil
- Deep-fried items
- Food cooked in too much soy
It is advisable to avoid food that can cause heartburn, indigestion, acid reflux, or any uneasiness in the stomach.
Lifestyle to Follow Along with Diet Plan
Apart from IVF Treatment Diet, all you need is a lifestyle change. Keep yourself happy at all times. Start a healthy lifestyle by incorporating the following.
- Exercise and do yoga.
- Keep yourself away from late-night parties and late mornings.
- Routine your day and stick to the schedule
- There will be mood swings and sinking in feeling at times.
- Talk to your partner or a couple who is undergoing IVF treatment. Talk about it and keep yourself stress-free.
- Avoid stress at work.
- Treat yourself with love. Go shopping, have a fine-dining experience, outings with family and friends, spas, picnics, and so on.
- Include a healthy option in the diet, like using avocado oil, olive oil, sesame oil, or grape seed oil for cooking or salad dressing.
Wrap up | IVF Treatment Diet
Above are a few IVF Treatment Diet ideas to choose from. It will increase your chances of pregnancy and maintain the health desired for IVF. IVF success rate is the highest when you alter lifestyle changes and diet. Stay tuned for more updates. You can reach us for more information and consultation.