Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
Dark skin on the elbows and knees is a very common happening. It can impact anybody irrespective of skin types, though it often arises in people with darker skin tones. That’s because darker skin is more inclined to overproduce melanin. get rid Dark Knees Elbows.
There may be many reasons for dark skin on knees, elbows, and even other joints like:
- addition of dead skin cells
- sun disclosure
- particular skin conditions, such as eczema
- post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- It could be because of dryness as it can support dark knees.
But don’t forget dark knees aren’t dangerous, so it’s not necessary to treat them. However, you can get rid of dark knees and elbows using some home remedies as mentioned below. get rid Dark Knees Elbows. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
- Baking soda and Milk for Dark knees
Baking soda is a great exfoliant and makes the skin smooth. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
To make this you will need :
- Baking soda- 1 tablespoon
- Milk- 1 tablespoon
Mix the milk and baking soda and apply the prepared mixture on the elbows and knees. Gently scrub in circular motions for two or three minutes. Wash it off with water. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
For better results try this after every day.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut works really well to make rough skin soft. So apply and massage the affected areas with coconut oil, and then go for a shower. Do not use soap, just pat dry. You can even complement it with a few drops of lemon juice. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
Lemon has biological bleaching properties that can work for even skin tone. Apply the lemon liquid on these areas, massage it gently, leave it on for approx. 10 minutes, wash it off with warm water. Do this for two weeks and see the variation. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
Curd is one of the best moisturizers. But you may not know that sour curd can too help lighten one’s skin tone. For best results: Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar
- And a teaspoon of gram flour to sour curd,
- apply the mixture on the dark knees or elbow. Wash after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Olive oil
Olive oil hydrates the skin and nourishes it also really well.
To use this:
- Mix a tablespoon of olive oil
- With sugar
They individually make a pretty beneficial scrub. We all know sugar is a natural exfoliant that works to remove dead skin cells and finally lightens the skin tone. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
Potatoes are a great source of vitamin C that can lighten and cheer up your skin naturally. To use this:
- Simply chop the potato into many slices and rub those pieces over the dark areas. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
- Then, let it stay for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with cold water. Try this twice every week for two months and observe the variation yourself.
Cucumbers are known for its bleaching properties and skincare benefits. That is why they can be used very nicely for treating dark knees or elbows. To use this:
- Choose a fresh and juicy cucumber and peel it into thin pieces.
- Grate the slices in a blender and take out the juicy in a bowl.
- Add some turmeric powder and squeeze a lemon into the paste.
- Blend it well and apply to the areas you want.
- Let it settle for about 30 minutes and hence rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat the exact activity at least three times a week.
Trust me! You should leave all those skin lightening products and use some honey. Honey is loaded with antibacterial properties and can create your skin soft and spot-free if tried on a daily basis. To use this:
- Take a cup of honey
- Add one lemon juice into it.
- Mix them both well and apply the mixture on your elbows and knees. Let it get thicken and wash it off after 20-30 minutes.
- Almond Oil For Dark Knees
Almond oil is rich with vitamin E. That even helps in repairing the skin around your knee area and getting rid of those dark areas. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows To use this:
- Take a few drops of almond oil in your hands and apply it to the elbows and knees.
- Massage it around the affected areas for a few minutes, so that the oil is soaked up by the skin.
Apply almond oil twice a day, one time in the morning, and one time at night.
- Vitamin E Oil
The sugar eliminates the dead cells, and vitamin E does wonder in rebuilding and hydrating the damaged skin. It also assists in depigmentation, hence providing you lighter and healthier skin. To use this:
- Take Vitamin E capsules
- And 1 tablespoon sugar
- Open a few vitamin E capsules and take out the oil present inside.
- You should have approximately 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Then add the sugar and mix them well.
- Use this as a scrub on your dark knees and elbows.
Keep Scrubbing for a few minutes before washing it off.
You can try this every alternate day.
Turmeric cleans the skin’s impurities and makes the skin tone even. It provides a natural glow to the skin. Milk helps in lightening the dark skin and honey will keep the skin hydrated and nourished.
To make this you will need:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix the turmeric powder, honey and milk to prepare a paste.
- Apply this on the elbows and knees.
- Massage your face for two minutes and let it stay on for about 20 minutes.
- Then wash with water.
You can try this two to three times a week.
- Green tea
Green tea is rich with epigallocatechin gallate that makes it a popular remedy for skin lighting. Here’s how you can use green tea :
- Soak a bag of green tea in 1 cup of hot water.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down
- Then Dip a cotton ball in the tea water.
- Apply it onto your knees.
- And repeat this twice a day
Treat your dark areas of the knees and elbows by scrubbing a slice of smooth papaya on them. Why?? As it is a rich source of antioxidants and also has bleaching properties. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows
- Tomato – get rid Dark Knees Elbows
Do you know, applying tomato juice on your dark knees and elbows can rejuvenate dead skin cells and help light even skin color?
Yes, you heard it correctly. Applying tomato juice on the affected area for 20 minutes can surely give you a better skin tone.
So I hope these remedies work well for you and make your elbows and knees free from darkness. In case you still feel this doesn’t work you can surely pay a visit to your dermatologist. Get Rid of Dark Knees and Elbows